Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 8 - Selfishness?

Last night, as I sat thinking about the first week of the 100 days of love, I evaluated my progress in becoming a more loving person. I must admit that there have been several times over the past week that I have not felt very loving, nor in the mood to be so. As I thought about this I was able to trace back the unloving feeling to some sort of selfishness. Whether it was wanting to sleep in longer, being satisfied with my comfort zone, dwelling on my own needs and wants, or even just looking for the praise of others. These things, and many others, were blocking my ability to give love at a deeper level. This was a frustrating realization for me... I am the kind of person who wants results fast. Maybe many of you are feeling the same way as me. If so, be patient with yourself, and evaluate your own selfishness, and make a commitment to overcome at least a little of it.

The themes of each day are merely thoughts that I have had, or ideas others have given me. They may even be helpful suggestions. Feel free to work on increasing your love in whatever way seems best to you. If you are struggling to increase your love, just read through each day, and comments from others for ideas. This is what I do.

Also, I have had another idea. On Monday, a friend of mine shared a story of how the 100 days of love has made a difference in her life as well as her family's. It was a very touching and inspiring story to me. I realized stories like these might be inspiring to you as well. So I am requesting that if you have success stories to email them to me at 100daysoflove@gmail.com. Names will be kept confidential, but I will post these stories as I see fit to help inspire us all to love more.

No comments: