Thursday, November 29, 2007

Day 30 - Care

The other day I was with a bunch of high school students who had become aware of the 100 Days of Love. They were all kind of teasing each other, and at one point, some of the teasing was pretty mean. My sister, their high school teacher, reminded them of the 100 Days of Love, and they replied, "Oh yea, we got to be nice to each other. I took this as a teaching opportunity... and it turns out it was a good one for myself too. I let them know that there is a difference between love and just being nice to others. The difference is that with love, one actually cares about the person they are being "nice" to. It was a simple little lesson, but I have been thinking about it ever since. If we are doing all of these challenges without caring about or for those around us are we really developing and increasing love? No. This has caused me to focus more on caring about the people around me.

Let's all take the time to care more about the people around us. As you do so, you will find your ability to love naturally growing and expanding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am basolutley amazed everyday as I visit this blog by the depth of your messages. Being able to come and read this is the highlight of my day. Thank you so much for your insight and inspiration to me.