Sunday, November 18, 2007

Day 19 - Tell Someone

I remember growing up a picture on my wall with a couple of dogs licking each other. The caption said, "If you love somebody, let them know." I always thought it was just a funny poster, but as I get older I recognize the wisdom of it. How often have I allowed my love for someone to go unexpressed? I don't know, and I am afraid to count... but I am committed to stop that number from getting bigger. There are so many people that I truly care about and love, and I am working on actually telling them this. I am starting with my family, and it feels good to say, "I love you." I often tell my wife, "I'm glad I married you." Though she hears it often, I know it brings a smile to her face every time.

Take time to tell the people you love that you really do love and appreciate them. It will make a difference for you and for them.

No comments: