Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day 4 - Simple Service

Thank you again for all who have taken the challenge and are already making a difference in your own life and in the lives of those around you. Share the challenge with all your friends and family.

Yesterday was a day to simply serve. I woke up in the morning and realized I could make breakfast for my wife while she got ready for work. This simple act allowed her to sit down and enjoy breakfast instead of having to hurry off to work. I also live on a street where most of the people are older and retired. A few have a harder time getting around. I noticed that the leaves were pilling up on their lawn. Normally, I would have thought... man, they should rake their leaves. But instead, having the spirit of love, I grabbed my rake and did it for them. One of them even came outside with a big smile and said thank you.

We can all do simple things to serve one another, and we never know how much of a difference it will make in another person's life. Everyone, keep up the great work... not every day will be easy, but that is to be expected. Just do your best.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this!! It is so inspiring and amazing. I can't wait to get on this site every day and see what the day's challenge will be. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I'm reaching beyond "simple" and organizing a service gang! Check out www.brycedbrown.com. Thanks for the incredible support, N & S (not sure if you want your names publicized)! Are you IN?

Katie said...

I am so thankful for this blog particularly because if you're participating with other people, it's not as easy to lose steam. Today, I will perform some simple service, though I'm not sure what yet. Thanks for the inspiration and continuation!
Katie

100 Days of Love said...

Tammy, you know we are IN!

gunnfam said...

Service begins at home right. Time for me to step it up a notch. =) That and show gratitude for the service given.

Anonymous said...

I love the service you rendered. I truly think it is one of the greatest acts we can do to show our love for God and others as well as our gratitude for what we've been given.