Thursday, November 22, 2007

Day 23 - Gratitude

I'm sure you all saw this one coming! What a wonderful holiday Thanksgiving is. I love that we have a holiday set aside to celebrate the things we are thankful for. I know of no other thing that leads us away from being self absorbed as showing gratitude, and reflecting on all of the things we have been given. Each and every one of us, no matter how depraved, grieving, happy, or blessed we are, has something to be grateful for. Gratitude prepares our hearts to love.

Today, to all who read this blog, leave a comment about the things you are grateful for. Help us all to remember the true blessings we share in our lives. How inspiring it will be tomorrow to read all the comments of gratitude, and continue the spirit of Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Nana Sue said...

First I am so thankful to you for posting this 100 Days of Love! I have shared this idea with so many and look forward to checking the post to see what specific thing I can work on today, thank you again!! I'm with you, my list of things I am thankful for is probably endless, here are a few things: an incredible family, people who love me just the way I am, friends who are willing to listen, sunsets, seasons changing, a hug and smile from a grand child, thank yous for things I have done, a warm home, electricity, running water, a sense of humor, having memories to draw on, being able to choose my attitute every day, the gospel of Jesus Christ, my testimony, etc, etc, etc!! I am grateful for trials because they indeed make me stronger. Thanks again for touching so many lives and for helping me want to be a better person!!
Sue Benson

Katie said...

I am thankful for the hard things in life which have helped me learn and grow. I'm thankful that these trials and struggles make each other moment even sweeter. I'm also thankful for those whom I love, and those who love me. Thanks for helping me love them better.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you! Thank you for honoring my sweet Bryce. He is proud of you.