Friday, November 9, 2007

Day 10 - Recognition

We sometimes develop a hierarchy about the importance of people and positions. A great leader is someone who notices even the people who have small parts. We give others a great gift when we treat all people with respect. In the BEE MOVIE it talks about how all the bees are busy with small jobs, but they are all happy because they each matter. Imagine if the yeast thought it was so small that it didn't matter to the bread.

It is an important factor of love to recognize even the things we perceive are small. There are many people who feel like they do not have any power and their contribution, no matter the size, is unimportant and unappreciated. Imagine the change that can happen when they are recognized and appreciated. Lets be the start of that change... look for even the smallest contributors, and show appreciation and recognition.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I think this is a great one. I work in an office where I am the lowest one on the totem pole, but I know that I wouldn't have a job if they didn't really actually need me. I am going to try to make sure others know how much I appreciate what they do for me! This adds to others' "self-esteem banks", and isn't that what 100 days of love is all about anyway?

Laura said...

I think we can all identify with feeling like we don't have power and our contribution is minuscule. I watched an inspiring documentary called Beyond Belief and was inspired by the story. Quickly though I felt overwhelmed with the reality that I couldn't make a significant difference in someone else's life. But... well that's just crazy talk! It really does take so little to make a difference a person's life - and often just the simple idea that someone else cares about you can make all the difference in the world.