Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Day 21 - A Considerate Heart

This morning, as I was driving to work, the car just barely ahead of me in the right lane put on her blinker to get over. I could have sped up, to make sure she didn't get in front of me... but I was feeling considerate and slowed down so she could get over. Turns out, she needed to get into the turn lane which was coming up soon, and if I had sped up this would have been more difficult for her. She seemed shocked that I slowed down for her, but it felt so much better to have an other's centered attitude rather than a self centered one. Also, yesterday I talked with a friend who I had just found out was going through a very difficult time in her life. I let her just vent to me and express her deeper emotions. I stood there just being understanding and considerate of how she must be feeling. Again, it felt good to have my heart focused on the needs of others.

Let's all try to be a little more considerate today and not let our own selfishness get in the way of treating people with love and compassion.

No comments: