Monday, November 5, 2007

Day 6 - Attitude

I am grateful for my wonderful wife (and others) for being an example to me of a good attitude. I must admit that I woke up (sort of... I didn't sleep much last night for various reasons) this morning with a complaining and unloving attitude. Before I was even up and moving, my wife had fed our child and was making a special breakfast. She came into the bedroom with a very cheerful and happy attitude. She has one of those smiles that can make even the saddest person cheer up. Normally I would have been bugged by her cheerfulness in the face of my crabbiness, however, thinking of lessons I learned last night, I decided to appreciate her warmth. I thanked her for her cheerfulness and the wonderful breakfast, and that attitude change really turned my morning around. Her attitude was contagious.
Last night I had the opportunity to share Sunday dinner with Tammy and her family. It was a great experience. We talked about the power of attitude, and Tammy talked about how Bryce always believed that our attitudes were our choice and a decision we had to make. This inspired my decision this morning to change my attitude. I believe this is an act of love. We are more able to love when our attitudes are congruent with giving and receiving it. Let us all CHOOSE to have a good attitude each day.

3 comments:

gunnfam said...

Any ideas on how to help a 2 year old choose to have a good attitude? I would love to hear anyone's ideas. Other than giving in to the tantrums? =)

100 Days of Love said...

First, making sure you have a good attitude even during the tantrums. Your consistency will have an effect.

Tina said...

I had a high school teacher that used to say "Your attitude determines your altitude!" How true that statement is! I have noticed that on any given day my attitude will have an affect on most everyone I come in contact with. Changing your attitude can change your outlook on life. Let's make today a better day by changing the way we look at our trials and tribulations!