Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day 28 - Enjoy Life

This morning I woke up to my wife saying, "I bet there is a beautiful sunrise outside." She was right. As we opened the blinds we were blessed to see magnificent colors painted across the sky with majestic mountains in the foreground. I sat and marveled at the momentary blessing that is so easily missed and ignored. This started my day out in a grateful mood. Each day we are surrounded by simple beauties that we may skip over. Let's love life, and the beauty of the earth. Breathe in the cold air, look at the colors, see the gentle movements of the landscape, and be thankful you can do all those things. Share these simple joys with the people around you and let them share in the beautiful life that is always waiting for us to notice and enjoy.

1 comment:

gunnfam said...

Funny. Today I saw the sunset, and was thinking how beautiful the pinks and purples mixed with the fading blue are. I was standing in the kitchen making dinner, with Grace sitting on the floor pushing a fussy Ellie, and was very grateful to be there. How lucky can one mom get? =)