Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 11 - Love Yourself

Often, when people hear, "love yourself," thoughts of conceitedness and pride come to mind. However, the love towards self suggested here is much different. Our capacity to love others is greatly diminished when we do not have genuine love and care for ourselves. This is not to say we cannot love others... simply that we cannot give love as deeply. We sometimes neglect ourselves in our pursuit to be more loving, and that may be a disservice.

"The art of being yourself at your best is the art of unfolding your personality into the person you want to be. . . . Be gentle with yourself, learn to love yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others." - Wilfred Peterson

Take the time to love yourself. Maybe write a list of qualities you admire in yourself. Recognize your own self worth... because you have great worth!

3 comments:

gunnfam said...

Thank you. I needed this today.

Anonymous said...

I have not been able to post anything on your blog. I preview the text I'm typing and it goes into cyber space. I'll send this message as a test. I do enjoy all your hard work. I think this is a wonderful thing to do. Thank you.

Jenn said...

This one is hard for me! But I get it! It is really important to love yourself becuase you can't love anyone fully until you fully love yourself! Thank you!