Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Day 22 - Patience

As the holidays come upon us, many of us may be faced with busy crowds and frustrating travel. Such was the case with us yesterday as we traveled to visit some close friends for Thanksgiving. Traveling to the airport we got stuck in traffic due to an accident. In the airport, our flight was a little delayed. Once we finally arrived at our destination, we ended up having to wait in the airport for our ride for over an hour. It was late and we were tired. It would have been very easy for us to complain and be rude and unloving. However, we recognized that our ride was stuck in traffic for over an hour just trying to get one more mile to the airport exit. We decided to take the patient stance and understand that things were out of her control, and life was probably no fun for her stuck on the freeway not moving. Our hearts were filled with compassion as we thought of her situation instead of complaining about ours. It was much easier to be patient, and that patience increased our ability to be loving.

As we are all presented with many opportunities to test our patience the next couple of days, let's let patience fill our hearts with love.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

I hope your trip goes well! Nathan, you're amazing. I know how hard it is to post every day, and you're doing great. Everybody who reads this--I know you have ideas, so please send them in! Take the challenge!

Katie said...

I'm NOT a patient person, but I've been trying to be more patient for awhile now. There has been progress, but it's slow, and I hate that. I want it to happen overnight, or over 3 nights, but again, it's patience, so I have to be patient with myself as I do my best. Thanks for the continuing challenges!