Monday, November 12, 2007

Day 14-In Memorium- A Dear Friend

My dear friend passed away a week ago. It has been a privilege to know Ken. He filled his days with service and love. He never hesitated to compliment, thank, and express love. It simply flowed from him when you were in his presence. What a wonderful example to us all! Both of my Grandfathers had passed away and Ken was willing to be my sweet Grandfather. He always seemed to have a smile for anyone who saw him. Despite terrible heart break, he always persevered. He always found the silver lining. About a month ago, I felt like I should go and see him. I didn't go. How I wish I would have taken the time! To all who read this, please don't suppress those promptings. Live each day to the fullest! Live like Ken!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

It has happened to me all to often that I have lost a loved one when just weeks earlier I wanted to go see that person. So this is a good one for me! Thank you! And I am sorry for your loss.

gunnfam said...

Time is really the most valuable thing we posess. It's crazy the amount of trivial things we fill it up with!

Unknown said...

Thank you! So sorry for you loss.