Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Day 7 - Comfort Zones

Part of increasing our capacity and ability to love is stepping outside of our comfort zones. The past few days I have been trying to do this. Normally I am the kind of person that keeps to myself. However, in pushing this, I have been able to show more love than I have in the past. Yesterday, I noticed that a lady at work, whom I have never talked to, got a haircut. Normally, I would have let her walk by and kept this thought in my head. But I want to push myself further. So I yelled out to her from my office as she walked by and let her know that I thought her haircut looked nice. She walked back to my office with a big smile on her face and started talking to me. It was a good experience. Make a goal to get out of your comfort zone today, it feels great!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great one. I usually wait for people to introduce themselves to me rather than me going out of my way. I always get such a good feeling when I make the first move to befriend someone, but I know I don't do that enough. I'll remember to go out of my comfort zone this week. It really does pay off.

Anonymous said...

I think the way to really find more joy in our lives is to step out of our comfort zones. One of the biggest ways to find relief and happiness is to RISK! I have been trying to be more bold in speaking out about things that I believe. I don't have to worry about the response from others--only that it feels good to me.

Katie said...

Guilty! I don't really step out of my comfort zone frequently, and I think this is something I need to work on. This is especially good to do at church, and very important in our ward. We have 2 apartment complexes in our ward, and people are in and out so frequently that it's hard to keep track of everyone! I'm going to definitely keep working on this one even past the one day!