Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Day 29 - Sacrifice

This is one of the most difficult and defining characteristics of love. It is very easy to express love when in a good mood, or others are expressing love to you. It is much more difficult when love is not reciprocated, or when we do not feel like we have the time or energy. Our greatest expressions of love come when they are not convenient or easy, when we have to sacrifice. Mothers are notoriously good at this as they sacrifice so much of their lives for their children. For me, it is often difficult to get up in the morning to serve my wife and make her life easier because usually what I want in the moment is to just go back to sleep.

Show your love by making the sacrifices that show your love goes beyond mere convenience.

2 comments:

Einar said...

As I was reading through some of you 100 days a song by Jonathan Richman popped into my mind and I thought that I'd play tag and pass it on to you. The song in "To win in love you must surrender." Actually probably just "Surrender," but I have always felt that there was something to the idea and now you get to think about it. Einar

Anonymous said...

I belive that you are doing all of us those who comment and thoes who don't a great service by "Sacrificing" your time to write this blog. I know that everyone will be blessed for the service they give to others! My God Keep you and be with you!