Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day 49 - A Precious Human Life

Several weeks ago, a comment was left on this blog on something one of you did to help increase love. I have printed it, and posted it inside my shower, and I read it every morning. It is a wonderful way to get my day started. Thank you for sharing it with me, and I hope you will all gain a benefit from it as well.

A Precious Human Life

Everyday, think as you wake up:
Today I am fortunate
to have woken up.
I am alive;
I have a precious human life.
I am not going to waste it.
I am going to use
all my energies to develop myself,
to expand my heart out to others,
to achieve enlightenment for
the benefit of all beings.
I am going to have
kind thoughts towards others.
I am not going to get angry,
or think badly about others.
I am going to benefit others
as much as I can.

-His Holiness the XIV Dali Lama

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Love That! After reading that I feel like such a complainer!!

Thanks for the reminder!