Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Day 42 - Apologize

Often, many of us have unintentionally hurt those around us. We can never be sure the effect of the things we do on others. I work with people everyday who struggle with their relationships and have hurt their most important relationships. Even as I evaluate my daily life I can find some way I may have offended or hurt someone. These things happen no matter how hard we are trying to be loving. A measure of our love is how we respond to our offenses to others. I notice that when I genuinely am sorry for the things I do or say, and express that to others in a heart felt apology, it does wonders to mend the offenses that may have been made.

Take the time to make the apologies that need to be made in your life. This may be small things that happen each day, or the larger ones that have been left unsaid in the past. We never know how much longer we have to actually make those amends... let's not gamble with that time.

No comments: