Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Day 36 - Notice

Yesterday I had a really long, hard day. I had gone a couple days with just a little sleep. I had fallen asleep in the evening, and my wife let me sleep and got several things done around the house without waking me. She was sensitive to my needs and did not complain about the extra work. I am thankful for the love she so subtly showed me.

Every day people do loving things for us. Most of the time we fail to notice the things they do. Sometimes this is because we are busy, tired, distracted, or simply oblivious. It is easy to gain the attitude that others may not care or that others are selfish. However, that is simply because our peceptions are tainted. Just like with normal sunglasses, we cannot see through the glare on the water or glass, we miss what is there because we are not able to see what is deeper. Lets put on our polarized lenses to see the bountious love others show to us.

No comments: