Monday, December 17, 2007

Day 48 - Love Your Enemies

It is easy to love those who love you in return. The real challenge is to love those whom you feel have wronged you. I ordered a Christmas gift recently through an online company that originally appeared to be pretty decent. It turns out it was a bait and switch operation and managed to con me out of some money. My wife and I were really stressed out for awhile due to tight finances, and just feeling lied to. This lingering feeling of anger was really affecting my day to day life, and I did not like the way it felt. I tried to do things for others, which helped, but my mind would return to this "transaction" and some of those feelings would resurface. So I recognized I needed to have a change of heart to make this go away. I began to pray for the people I felt were so dishonest. Gradually, the bitterness I felt went away, and I was able to be more at peace with the past. I hope during this season and beyond we can all strive to have love in our hearts for the ones we may call our enemies.

No comments: