Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day 88 - Love the Earth


Today we had the wonderful opportunity to go hiking in the desert with some great friends. Being outside, where things haven't been developed, always puts new energy into my soul. I hope places like that will be preserved so that my children and others can enjoy them the way I do. And yet as we walked, there were several places where man had made his mark with deserted trash. I am shocked by how others can just leave trash lingering in the most beautiful places. It is so degrading to the beauty that has been given us. It is a selfish and thoughtless act, not only to the Earth, but to those who come after us. Lets all do our part to preserve the beauty around us, and to clean up the trash left by others.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I was thinking about this the other day. I used to commute to school and it was about 30-45 minute commute. I usually came home about the time the sun would begin its beautiful descent. Especially after a really rough day, I would often pause and think about the fact that Heavenly Father loved me so much, that he created that 5-10 second moment of beauty so I could remember how much He loves me. Sometimes that was all I needed to remember someone cared and loved me, even when the rest of the day was really rough.