Thursday, January 3, 2008

Day 65--Tender Mercies

Today I saw the tender mercies. Someone who had made some serious mistakes was given another chance to prove that he could make better choices in the future. Our lives are a series of choices and consequences. Sometimes we don't make the connection between a choice we made and how it affects our own life and the lives of others. Or other times we are very critical of someone else and their choices. If we got what we deserved, it would be a very sad state. Hopefully we can get better than we deserve. I want to look at others and give them the benefit of the doubt. I believe that everyone has a story. When we know about that story, we can love them--often more than before. I want to extend mercy to others the same way I want that for myself. I don't want to be the judge, I don't have all the information. Leave that to someone else. What a great experience it was to watch this friend get a second chance today. I want to give others another chance in my efforts to be more loving.

No comments: