Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 80 - Quality Affirmations

A wonderful way to show love to others is by letting them know the things they are doing well. However, in doing this, it is much more effective to be specific in our praise. For instance we could say, "good job, you are good at that." But it is more effective to say, "I like the way you smile at others. It really makes me and them happy." This shows the person why you think they are doing something good, and it is much more personal. This is especially important when giving children praise.

2 comments:

gunnfam said...

This is quite the amazing blog you've continued here. I enjoy reading all of the entries and comments. Not only are they thought provoking, but it will be a wonderful journal for your posterity to see how much you've pondered and thought about the value of love.

Anonymous said...

I was discussing this with some colleagues of mine and we discussed this plus the idea that if you think negative thoughts about someone, you treat them negatively. However, if you think "I'm really going to be nice to them today" chances are that your result will be nice. It's a concept that I have experimented with and find that my days run a lot smoother when I focus on the positive affirmations to others.