Monday, January 7, 2008

Day 69--Schedule Priorities

We get such busy lives. Often we look at our daily tasks and think about the lists of things to do. We have learned to schedule our priorities for the day. But perhaps an even greater way to look at our lives is to think about what our priorities truly are. Sure we have the daily things we must do. But what about the really important things--building our relationships. Perhaps the one you need to nurture is yourself. When you look at your week ahead, you can plan to take care of important things to you, often that are not demanding. Schedule your priorities more than prioritize your schedule. That might mean taking time to go to lunch with a friend, write in a journal, email a good friend, etc. We have to think about these things ahead of time. They won't just show up on our list of things to do. I found I sometimes took Wednesday mornings to do some of these kinds of things and I was amazed how much better I felt when I planned in things that really mattered to me that I never seemed to get around to otherwise. I wondered why I often did jobs that were not fulfilling regularly, but neglected some meaningful things. I know with planning I can choose to do things that matter. Schedule some priorities and see how good it feels!

No comments: