Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day 98 - Physical Touch


I had an interesting experience in one of my classes today. Without going into all the details, I learned a very important lesson about the power of touch. We did an exercise where we talked about the emotions of another class member. We stood behind them with our hands on their shoulders and talked as if we were them. As I participated the depth of care and concern about my classmates increased dramatically. I thought about how the activity would have been different had we not stood behind and had the physical contact. I know I would not have felt the depth of what others said. There is power in being physically connected to another in a caring way. Some of us need that power of human touch to feel the love others have to share. This can come in the form of a hug, handshake, or just putting your hand on another's shoulder. Let others FEEL the love and care you have for them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that I have enjoyed reading your thoughts each day. Thank you!

Unknown said...

I agree! The power of touch is phenomenal! What a great experience that was today!

Anonymous said...

I can not express to you how much physical touch means to me. There are truly times when the only thing that will make me feel better is a good hug from a brother, friend and such. Thanks for filling that role!